Thursday, September 2, 2010

It has been a hectic half-a-week!




David Says
I started making a certificate to present to the cooks after every show on Sunday night, and only finished it by the end of Monday. I was consulting Marike about what she likes and doesn't through the whole process, and it turned out pretty nice.
On Tuesday I helped Jacques with a design for a shoulder mount bracket for the Sony EX3. 
He had brilliant ideas, and I copied some pictures from the net. We put it together and went down to Fritz Rohr (the Gunsmith) in Skukuza, and started building this beauty. Fritz is a wizard with metal, and he made some flowing curves in no time.
Then, all hell broke loose. They needed me in Cape Town to get my visa!! (All the horrid details are in Antoinette's post) I had to get ready for the 'Great Trek' back to Cape Town again. Wednesday morning I was off to Nelspruit, after a stressful night at Antoinette's place booking busses and planes. We were running a bit late for the bus and, of course, my car starts to over heat (badly!!). So being from Cape Town, and knowing some street racing thugs, I remembered a way to cool the car. We ended up driving most of the way with the windows down and the heater on full blast on a hot sunny day... comfy, but we made it just in time.
I eventually got to O. R. Tambo and got onto a earlier flight back to Cape Town. Luckily, because my original flight was delayed.
We now have a visa appointment for Friday, thanks to the machine, my mother.  Whooo!
Lets hope all goes well and I'm rocking my visa on Friday, otherwise we are going to have to pay for another overweight bag...with me in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment